Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I love my WII !!!!

Holy cow!! Who knew that I'd love a video game this much! I hate video games. But this is fun! Chris got me/us a WII FIT for Mother's Day. Let me tell y'all something...I have done it twice and I am SORE!!!! It's true. And it's also true that that is pathetic. But it's a workout for me and it's fun and it has me actually working out again...so I LOVE it!!! You're all invited to come play WII!!!

9 comments:

JMadd said...

I've thought about getting a Wii, but I'm sure it would be just like every other piece of exercise equipment I've bought... it will go down in the basement after about 2 weeks of using it.

BTW - Your family is so cute.

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

I am so jealous you have a wii!! We playing while in AZ and I LOVED it. We played mario kart and bowling and baseball:) TOO fun.

spaceyhawks said...

We got the Wii for Christmas and I love playing it. Josh keeps begging to get the Wii fit, so I am glad to hear good things about it. We are horribly addicted to Mario kart.

Than and Erica said...

Hey Sarah--It's erica. I found you from Katie. I think my favorite blog lines of all time was 'Who the crap knows?' I love it. Your daughter is beautiful despite not letting you get any sleep. Out of my two kids, one slept, and then other is almost 4 and still has sleep issues. And I really did the same things with both of them...it just worked with Camry and not with Pacen. I really think it is the kid that makes the difference, but you have to do what makes you sane, not what people tell you to do. I brought Pacen in our bed (big mistake--it's still his favorite place to sleep) but it made us all get some sleep and that is what I needed. I'm sure she'll get into a good routine soon. Good luck with that. :)
I'm glad life is going well for you. I hope you don't mind if I peek at your blog once in a while.

Chit Chatt said...

I also have to confess that I love the Wii. I don't dare get one just yet because I know that Mark will focus more on that than his homework, but maybe one day we might make the jump into Wii world. Keep your fingers crossed!

Katie said...

Hi Sarah, We did the sleeping through teh night thing with Lucy and it worked like a charm! Let me know if you want any tips.

lex said...

Ok, now what you need is rock band for WII! I love it!

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Ok, it's time to update your blog. I want PICS...and LOTS of them:)

Katie said...

Ready for a long comment? Getting Baby to sleep 101:
1)Once a baby is 6 months old they are neurologically and physically capable of sleeping up to 10-12 hours at a time. Our Doc said to pick anytime after 7pm to put her down and expect her to sleep for at least 10 hours. (we chose 9pm so we can still go do things in the evenings and she sleeps until 7am-sometimes 8am).
2) Establish a night time routine: we bathe her at about 8:15pm, I nurse at 8:30 (you should not nurse/feed your baby anytime less than 30 mins prior to sleeping or they become dependent on that to sleep), we read 3 stories, sing 3 songs, say prayers, say goodnight, turn on music and leave her to sleep.
3) Let her cry it out-the Doc said this should only take a night or 2 and HE WAS RIGHT! I couldn't believe it. YOU DO NOT GO IN-LET HER CRY IT OUT.
4) Night 1: we did the routine, put her to bed, I went to WalMart b/c I couldn't stand to hear her cry, Marc called 40 mins later to say she was asleep, we slept until 2:10am-she woke up and cried until 3:30am! It was awful, but the earplugs did help, she slept until 5am cried until about 5:50am and slept until 7am. This was NOT one of my nest nights of motherhood. But she was totally happy and fine when I went in and got her at 7am.
5) Night 2: Did the routine, put her down to bed, I went on a walk, Marc called 30 mins later and she was asleep-she did no wake up until 7am!!! It was a miracle (I prayed really hard too).
6) Now we just do the night time routine, put her to bed-she may cry for 5-10 mins, but then she sleeps until 7am or so.
7) Sometimes she wakes up in the night, but she is able to calm herself to go back to sleep and she is fine-we do not get her up until 7am or later.
It is HEAVEN! Let me know if you have any more questions. God luck! Remember you're helping her learn to calm herself and YOU need this! I love my evening hours to be with Marc-I forgot how nice that was.